Saturday 16 September 2017

Introducing our first Guest Designer......Rachel Dutko!

Hi everybody
 
Its Rachel Dutko here, and I’m so excited to be Guest Designing for Scrap Matrix this month.
 
My scrap space is along one end wall of our open plan lounge room. I quite like it being in a shared space so I can potter around while still spending time with the family. Although it does mean that I need to keep it tidy and contained!
 
When I first started scrapbooking a few years ago I was using a card table and a desk. It didn’t take long to realise that that space was not going to be enough for my emerging passion (and stash!). So that started what I like to call ‘the evolution of a scrap space’. It is still evolving, but for now I think I have plenty of space, and everything has its place.
 
I’m really proud of my scrap space, due to the fact that my husband custom built each piece of furniture, and let his creative side bloom with the design and woodwork.
His first project was to custom build the desk. He then designed and built the shelving unit underneath. It is on castors to be able to slide out to access more storage shelves on the back. I have most of my supplies in clear storage containers to be able to see exactly what I need.


 

We've recently added more shelving above the desk. I like having all my products on display and within reach.



Now on to my layout. I chose to scrap this photo as it has my cat on the desk looking for shiny bits and pieces to play with! It does make it difficult to leave projects out to dry when she is always interested!

 


I wanted to create a 'graffiti' style page to represent the creative process. To 'grunge' up my background paper I have used Colour Blast Colour Paste through a TCW stencil, and Dina Wakley Media Acrylic paint through a 13 Arts stencil.





I have used papers from 7 Dots Studio and Blue Fern Studio. I have added some 7 Dots Studio tags and stickers. I have also used some 13 Arts word stickers. I've added a chipboard flourish frame coloured with the same mediums.




I hope you enjoyed a little peek into my creative space!
 
You can see more at my blog HERE
 
Rachel
xx
 
 
 
Scrap Matrix Products used:
 
7 Dots Studio  - Cotton Candy Dreams "Cloud Watching" paper
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Hehe - I think a lot of us started on a card table! Love your page and the way that pink pops! xx Thanks for being a fab guest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your space and what a fabulous guest design post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel - I love your graffiti style layout, it is just so cool! It is nice to see that you also have a feline "helper" with your scrapbooking too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout and what a great space. Such fun having you as the first guest designer.
    Lydia xxx

    ReplyDelete